Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grants
What Is The Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grant?
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme is a Government scheme to encourage homeowners and business owners to replace their fossil fuel boilers and install low-carbon heating systems, like air source heat pumps and biomass. As an MCS accredited installer, Life’s Energy will apply for and administer the grant on your behalf. Payment is made by Ofgem to Life’s Energy after completion of the installation and then forwarded directly to the homeowner.
Who Is Eligible For the Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grant?
WHAT TECHNOLOGIES ARE AVAILABLE?
Life’s Energy can install the following technologies under The Boiler Upgrade Scheme:
- Air source heat pump systems – £7,500 grant
- Biomass systems – £7,500 grant
Heat pump & Biomass systems with a capacity of 45kW or less will be eligible for the scheme. All projects will need to be completed by an MCS approved installer. As an MCS accredited installer, Life’s Energy will provide you with an MCS certificate for the project.
WHAT PROPERTIES ARE ELIGIBLE?
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme is only available in England and Wales.
All existing domestic and non-domestic buildings are eligible for The Boiler Upgrade Scheme. As with previous grant schemes, there will be a requirement for any basic energy efficiency measures to have been completed prior to the installation. This means that if you have cavity walls they must be filled and you need a minimum of 270mm Rockwool insulation (or equivalent thermal resistance) in the loft. In order to demonstrate this, you will need to have an up-to-date Energy Performance Certificate (“EPC”) which does not show these measures as being required. Life’s Energy can arrange an EPC survey for your property. Prices vary depending on the size of your property.
New self-build homes are also eligible for the Boiler Upgrade Scheme. In order to be eligible, self-build homes must meet the Ofgem definition of “Custom Build”, which can be found on the Ofgem website.
How Do I Get The Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grant?
The entire Boiler Upgrade Scheme grant process is led by the MCS accredited installer. So, if you choose Life’s Energy for your installation, we will apply for and administer the grant on your behalf.
The process for obtaining your grant is the following:
- Life’s Energy will produce an estimated quotation for you.
- Once you’re happy that you want to proceed, we will need to carry out a site survey to gather detailed information about your project.
- After the designs are completed, we will issue a final quotation.
- Once you accept the quotation and pay your deposit, we will schedule an installation date.
- We will then apply to Ofgem for your Boiler Upgrade Scheme grant once we have all the information we need.
- Once the project is finished, we will redeem the voucher and pay the full grant money into your account. You will then pay the balance.